China's Big Day: Numerology of 8.8.2008
the Union of Many
The 29th Olympic Games open in Beijing, China at 8:08 pm on 8/8/08. The eighth day of the eighth month of the eighth year is deemed highly auspicious by the Chinese. It's not exactly rational, it's more like, um... occult! Lyn Busuttil, our resident expert on numerology, discusses the meanings of the number 8 and how it applies to this rare day.
In numerology, we can break down any complex number, or name (the letters have numerical values) by adding them together, until we get the basic vibration. Numerology deals primarily with the numbers 1 through 9, though the Master Numbers, 11, 22, 33, and 44 get special attention.
8+8+2+0+0+8 = 26 = 8
The number '8' represents the union of many – and how it is to be attained (the opening of the Olympics). Interestingly, CHINA is a number '8' – a power-country which at times has been aggressive, as opposed to TIBET, a number '2' country which strives for peace and harmony.
Financial and business matters rule the number '8', so be sure to sort out your finances, pay your bills and reconcile your cheque book. Business matters may thrive, and if you need help or advice a visit to your accountant or financial advisor is recommended today.
Are your taxes up to date? This is a good day to complete your tax return.
Intuition is high today, so use it to quietly to observe others for a while and try to figure out their underlying motives. Be cautious of authority figures today such as the police, speed cameras etc. Avoid aggressive behaviour, whether your own or that of others.
'8' is the dual number of infinity. The '8' assumes power for it likes to achieve control.
- On a physical level, the '8' strives to achieve mastery, and loves to use and make money – maybe you could try you luck with a lottery or raffle ticket (depending on your own personal chart)
- On the mental level, the '8' is mentally ambitious
- On an emotional level, expect strong highs and lows with emotions and dominance
- On a Spiritual level, the '8' uses spiritual knowledge in a business manner
- Some key words for the positive '8' are: Judgement and Strength
- Some key words for the negative '8' are: Impatience and Stubbornness
- Some key words for the destructive '8' are: Injustice and Abuse
The number '8' Mastery card in the Numbers Work cards indicates "acknowledgement of one's achievements".
Set realistic goals and work steadily to achieve these – as you are no longer the beginner or initiate.
So there we have a quick breakdown of the numerology of 8 – and of the rare moment in time that is the opening of the Beijing Olympics on 8/8/08 at 8:08 pm!